1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

DietOrganizer PC Software - Now Free

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by James Martin, 2015/09/16.

1. 2015/09/16
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member Thread Starter

Found this nutrition software about 2 months ago, and it has been an eye opener concerning calorie and sodium intake. A must have for anyone fighting obesity, hypertension, and diabetes.

We've (family) lost 30 pounds and counting so far just tracking our calorie intake.

For what it's worth, there is no embedded spyware, adware, or tracking software - just the (3.24 MB) program itself.

2. 2015/09/17
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

For Diabetes use pure Cinnamon. Diabetic cookbook recipes only work if you precisely measure ingredients with the use of a digital scale. Salter 1400 Nutritional Scale I used to weigh 190lbs of solid muscle. In 2004 I got very ill in 2 months time I dropped to 133 lbs and teeth started falling out. Drs. never did figure out what was wrong with me. Whatever it was I don't know but I seem to ok at the present. Now I only weigh 138 lbs I don't think I need to worry about obesity yet.

Last edited: 2015/09/17
    lj50,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/09/17
    James Martin

Are you talking about cinnamon sticks?

I did some research on this a while back, and *true* cinnamon sticks are brittle and easy to break, but there is another version that is denser and hard to break into. I was tossing the latter in a glass of fresh-brewed (hot) green tea twice a day, and then I would chew on the left-over stick after the tea had softened it up a bit.

Mistake!

That stuff gave me horrendous heart burn. :(

I didn't like chewing the brittle stuff because it felt like I was chewing on splinters. I assume you must be using the ground-up stuff of either version?

EDIT: Found this email from a few months back...

Good Morning,

Thank you for your interest in Badia Spices.

Our Cinnamon Powder is Cassia Vera and originates from Indonesia.

We have two different types available in the sticks:

HARD "“ CASSIA - Indonesia
    Codes: 00206/00622/00302

SOFT "“ CEYLON "“ Sri Lanka
    Codes: 00690/00318/00029

Yes, the container that you have is indeed Cassia Cinnamon.

Regards.

Last edited: 2015/09/17
  5. 2015/09/18

No that's not what I was referring to. My apologies for misleading you. I should have been more specific. Chefs Quality Ground Cinnamon(Canela Molida) Net Weight 5 LBS (2.27 KG) bar code 7 60695 57305. Distributed By RD/JET, LLC 15-24 College Point, NY 11356 I get mine at Restaurant Depot. If you want a great maple syrup made for diabetics from a company founded by a diabetic try: Joseph's Sugar-Free Maple Syrup I'm not a diabetic but I like it better than any other maple syrup.

Last edited: 2015/09/18
    lj50,
  6. 2015/09/18
    James Martin

Thanks for info.

Read this article about the two types of cinnamon...

This part caught my eye...

So what? I don’t mind using cassia.

Obviously, I’ve grow up with cassia (even though I didn’t know it), so initially I wasn’t too broken-hearted to learn I’d been duped. I planned on continuing to use cassia cinnamon–especially since it’s way cheaper.

But there’s this thing called coumarin…

Coumarin is a sweet-smelling chemical that is naturally found in cassia. It’s even been used as an additive to perfumes and pipe tobaccos to improve the smell. However, this report from the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment in Germany caught my eye.:

“From use of coumarin as pharmaceutical, it is known that even relatively small doses can lead to liver damage in sensitive persons. The value of the Tolerable Daily Intake (TDI) was established on the basis of the pure substance, i.e. of isolated coumarin. By conducting studies on the bioavailability of coumarin in the human organism, the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) has demonstrated that coumarin contained in the plant matrix of cinnamon is absorbed by the body to a similar degree as isolated coumarin. The TDI therefore also applies to coumarin in cinnamon. “

So basically, that’s saying that consuming large amounts of coumarin, even in the form of cinnamon, could result in liver damage.

Yikes.​

Cassia is the thick variety that gave me very bad heart burn, but now it appears the stuff can cause liver damage in some people.

Last edited: 2015/09/18
  7. 2015/09/19

I've been using cinnamon for a long time. According to the Dr. there's nothing wrong with my liver.

lj50,