1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Did Your W7 Displays Change?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Kingman, 2017/02/11.

1. 2017/02/11
    Kingman

Kingman Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    Windows 7 Professional. When I shut down 8 Feb things were normal. When I powered up 9 Feb I immediately saw differences on the screen. The taskbar's minimized windows are still there but the print doesn't have enough contrast. If I touched the box for an open file before, all other files were stacked above it for me to choose one. Now I get mini windows that I can't read. The top line in word processing files changed from dark blue to something faint. That bar used to show [filename] and WordPad; now it looks like someone smeared Wite-Out on it, so I don't know which of several open documents I'm looking at. (There's more.) My question is: Am I unlucky or did this happen to anyone else? My last update was 11 Jan 17, and I swear I didn't mess with the control panel.

2. 2017/02/11
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    Experienced Learner
    lj50,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/02/12
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Check if a new display driver was installed.

Open Windows Update (Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Windows Update) and click on View update history and see if a display driver was installed.

If a new driver was installed, you can co to Device Manager, open the Display adapters, double-click your display adapter, select the Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver.

Arie,
  5. 2017/02/14
    Kingman

Kingman Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    I went to Windows Update and clicked View update history. The last update was 11 Jan, well before this problem, and I don't see anything about a driver. Nothing seems damaged, yet. It's just that the displays changed overnight. I was wondering if other people got hit with this nuisance. (Not seeing a header for the text file I'm working on is more than a nuisance when several are open at once.) No one is saying "Me, too" so I'll close this thread.