1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Detecting Proxy settings

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by G. W. Ivey, 2002/04/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/04/14
    G. W. Ivey

G. W. Ivey Inactive Thread Starter

I was messing with my browsers (I Use Navigator, but also use IE6 to visit the MSN Zone) while installing Netscape 6.2, and now when I startup IE6, I get a message at the bottom of the window "Detecting Proxy Settings "....I know how I made it do this, but now I can't make it stop. It still works, but it takes about 100 times as long to make the initial connection. I have completely removed IE and reinstalled, written over, cussed and drank beer. The beer seems to give the only positive results. Can You help me put it back to the original configuration? I have Win98, and a dsl connection. Thanks....

Gary

2. 2002/04/17
    Daizy

Daizy Inactive

Hi G. W. Ivey
    First off, I admire your trouble shooting technique! :D
    Secondly, you have said that you know how you got your proxy set? Does that mean when you went back in to check, the check mark is now removed?
    If this happened within the last couple of days? What about doing a scanreg/ restore?

Daizy

3. to hide this advert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.