1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Confused again! [Thread/Post - difference?]

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Suggestions' started by jjlthepainter, 2008/05/06.

1. 2008/05/06
    jjlthepainter

jjlthepainter Inactive Thread Starter

OK, I'm gonna risk looking really stupid here but I am confused, Is there anyone who could explain to me exactly what the difference is between a Thread and a Post ? and why when I list a problem it always says I am Subsribed to the thread, HUH?????? and why do I always have an icon of a blue envelope in the xp forum list , when everyone else has a tan envelope.? Thanks, Jim

2. 2008/05/06
    BOBBO

BOBBO Geek Member

jjlthepainter:

A thread contains one or more posts.

The envelope color is tan if you've never opened that thread, it will be blue if you've opened the thread and supposedly read one or more of the posts in it, and the blue envelope will have a white arrow on it if you've submitted a post to that thread.

Your question about being subscribed to a thread will have to be answered by someone else. I don't know the answer to that one myself.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/05/06
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff