1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Command for knowing your internet speed

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by clubECGR, 2008/10/15.

1. 2008/10/15
    clubECGR

clubECGR Inactive Thread Starter

Hi. I always wanted to know what is the command for knowing your internet speed. A technician from our internet provider typed that command and I saw our connection which is 128 Kbps. months later, we applied for a new line but it wasnt installed. They also said that our current connection has been upgraded.

I want to know if this is true.

What's the command in the CMD to know your internet speed?

By the time he'll be back to install our new connection, I'll be 5 hours away from my hometown. I forgot what he typed as he was typing 4 CMDs at a time, one is pinging a website

Thank you

Chris

2. 2008/10/15
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive

I don't know of a command line entry, but you can go to www.speedtest.net to test your ping, upload, and download speeds.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/10/15
    neil

neil Inactive

I also use speedtest.net. I just had my speed upgraded by WOW, and they use http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ from Chicago, in my case. there are other sites to check from. Apparently, the further away, the slower the speed. Mine was 15+megs.
    neil

neil,