1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Chrome browser crashing

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by cspgsl, 2016/09/20.

1. 2016/09/20
    cspgsl Lifetime Subscription

cspgsl Geek Member Thread Starter

I don't see a place for chrome issues here so I am posting under Win 10 as that is what I am on.

Chrome suddenly started crashing on starting this morning. Worked fine yesterday and for many months prior to this. Cannot open any web page. Cannot export any settings from it either.

I had the latest version of Chrome. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it's still dead.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. 2016/09/20
    cspgsl Lifetime Subscription

cspgsl Geek Member Thread Starter

Good news, of sorts...

Seems Win 10 reset my default browser to nothing (as in no browser at all).When I corrected the setting to Chrome, it opened as normal.

Any thoughts on why W10 might do that would still be appreciated

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/09/20
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Uninstalling Chrome probably did it. Instead of guessing which browser should be the default - it was set to none.

5. 2016/09/20
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I bet this is exactly what happened but I find it odd W10 did to reset the default to Edge when it saw Chrome was no longer installed. Was a reboot done after uninstalling Chrome and before re-installing it?

Bill,