1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Change Administrator Password - Caveats?

Discussion in 'Windows Server System' started by WorldBuilder, 2013/08/28.

1. 2013/08/28
    WorldBuilder

WorldBuilder Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have inherited a rather nightmarish network... No worries, but one of the things I really have to do ASAP is change the password for the domain Administrator account.

The reason I have not yet done it is because I am afraid that there may be something, I don't know what, that requires these credentials.

What could possibly go wrong changing the password? Is there a way to test to see if there is anything this action would cause? And if I do it and have problems, would changing the password right back solve them?

Sorry if these are silly questions, but after some of the stupid things I've seen on this network so far, little would surprise me...

Thanks!

2. 2013/08/28
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/08/29
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Yes, the link Neil posted is interesting, specifically the last post by Emmanuel... Although haven't tried it to see if it works, looks like to be a good way to find out if the Domain Admin login is used on the system.

Arie,
  5. 2013/08/29
    WorldBuilder

WorldBuilder Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I saw that link as well in my search, but never made it as far down the comments as Arie did. Will give that a look. Thanks!