1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Cant see all computers

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by sussertown, 2018/08/21.

1. 2018/08/21
    sussertown

sussertown Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have been struggling with my home network since installing windows 10. I get piecemeal answers to questions that have never solved the issue. I'd like to step through the problem one step at a time if needed.

I have 3 computers:
    Master, Ethernet
    Laptop, Wifi
    Huddle, Wifi

Laptop is win7.

I set up a home network. I open Network in the explorer tree. I have no issues reaching the other computers via Teamviewer. Sometimes a computer icon will show up and sometimes it won't. Mostly it won't. Strangely, an icon shows up for a period of time with odd names as if it's showing a piece of hardware or a computer in outside neighborhood but it doesn't stay.

I tried creating a password for the Master with ethernet, but that did not help.

2. 2018/09/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/09/06
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

1. Teamviewer has no bearing on this because Teamviewer does not use the Windows Network (File & Print Sharing). Teamviewer connect by routing traffic through a Teamviewer server outside of your network and back in to the target computer.

2. Set up all computers on your network the exact same way, either by using Homegroup or by using Password sharing.

Homegroup is goofy as far as I'm concerned and too limited.