1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved can't read sim card

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by Blufx, 2014/04/24.

1. 2014/04/24
    Blufx

Blufx Well-Known Member Thread Starter

My friend has a Verizon Casio Commando C811. He brought it to me after running over it with his bus. I replaced the LCD/digitizer assembly (which was a major pain as compared to other phones) it works fine except now the phone isn't reading the sim card., Before I go tearing back into this thing, does anybody know what the problem is?

2. 2014/04/24
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

His bus! There may have been damage to the circuits/contacts where the SIM card sits. If the screens were the only problem - I think it would be a miracle if the phone survived being run over by a BUS. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/04/24
    Blufx

It was working before I took it apart. I've repaired several phones in the past that were run over. One of the first was an iPhone 3Gs run over by 5 wheels of a semi.

5. 2014/04/24
    retiredlearner

Did you say it was working before you took it apart? The phone or the SIM card?
    If the SIM card was working before - you may have missed something on reassembly. You'll need to take it apart and check. I'm not familiar with Casio units, I've only renewed screens (digitizer and LCD) in Huawei's. Neil.

6. 2014/04/24
    Blufx

Both the phone and sim card were working before. Tried other sim cards in it. It reads none of them.

7. 2014/04/25
    retiredlearner

I can't help any more - sorry. Neil.

8. 2014/04/25
    Blufx

If you'll read my original post, I ask if anyone knew what was wrong before I had disassemble it again. I appreciate your help, but I don't understand why would someone totally unfamiliar with the phone try to have the answer.

Last edited: 2014/04/25
  9. 2014/04/26
    retiredlearner

I don't think a Technician would be able to define what was wrong without disassembling and testing. You could get many suggestions but to be definitive on your statements.
    end of story.