1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Can't Open PPS file from Outlook [Express]

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Chawni12, 2009/07/25.

1. 2009/07/25
    Chawni12

Chawni12 Inactive Thread Starter

I have spent an hour trying to get this issue resolved with no luck.
    My dad uses Outlook Express for his mail program. He can not open a .pps file from the email. When he clicks on the attachment he get the message:
    "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create and association in the folder options control panel."
    I have double and triple checked file asso and everything is as it should be.
    Now the strange thing is if he saves the file on his his computer, it opens right up with no problems. It's only trying to open it from email that he has the issue.
    Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this?
    He's running WinXP home edition service pk 3, Outlook Express 6 and has Powerpoint Viewer 2007 (I also tried Powerpoint 2003 with no diff)

Thanks in advance.

2. 2009/07/25
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/07/25
    Chawni12

Chawni12 Inactive Thread Starter

Here I thought I was being soooo good including all the info in the body of the post, it never occured to me to be as precise in the title. Sorry.
    BTW, it worked. Many thanks!

5. 2009/07/25
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Glad to hear that :)

All threads are archived for search purposes which can be used to search for titles only.

6. 2009/07/25
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

I've marked this thread as 'Resolved'.

Arie,