1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Can't create signature in Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by Evolsen, 2007/04/14.

1. 2007/04/14
    Evolsen

Evolsen Inactive Thread Starter

Hi there.

I have just purchased a new computer running Vista Business and Office 2007Small Business.
    Now in Outlook 2007 I can't create a signature. In the New Mail window I click on the Insert tab, select Signature and then click on Signatures... (which is what you're supposed to do) and nothing happens - no window opens, nothing.

Any ideas anyone? :confused:

I hope I don't have to reinstall Outlook. If that is the only option, will I have to uninstall Outlook 2007 and then reinstall it or can I install it over the top of my existing copy? Would I loose all my emails?

Thanks for your help.
    Evolsen

2. 2007/04/14
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Did you setup a signatre in Tools->Options?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/04/14
    Evolsen

I tried that, too, and when I click on the "signatures" button the same thing happens (or rather: nothing happens).

Very strange.

5. 2007/04/14
    ronblock

ronblock Inactive

e-mail signature

I have a friend that was trying to put a signature into outlook and couldn't. we went into word and installed the signature there.

TRY THIS

On the Tools menu of WORD, click Options, and then click the General tab.

Click E-mail Options, and then click the E-mail Signature tab.

In the type the title of your e-mail signature or choose from the list box, type a name for your signature.

Under Create your e-mail signature, insert the text or pictures, or both, that you want to use for a signature.

Click Add.

We bypassed using outlook totally. the signature appeared in the next new e-mail and all subsequent.

6. 2007/04/15
    Evolsen

Hi ronblock.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried to follow them but the options in Word 2007 do not seem to contain any E-Mail-Options anymore (it looks completely different to any previous versions of Word).

I appreciate any other ideas but I think I have to get used to the idea of having to reinstall Outlook... :(

Cheers
    Evelyn

7. 2007/04/15
    fsiaca

fsiaca Well-Known Member

8. 2007/04/16
    Evolsen

Thanks fsiaca - I have seen that page too. It merely describes the way it should work, but for some reason it doesn't on my system. Something seems to be wrong.

9. 2007/04/16
    ronblock

ronblock Inactive

Just wondering what type of e-mail you are sending. Is it text, HTML or RTF. Could that figure into your challange?

10. 2007/04/17
    Evolsen

I'm sending emails in HTML. Not sure it has something to do with my problem, but will check it out. This shouldn't have any influence, though, should it?

11. 2007/04/17
    ronblock

ronblock Inactive

i was thinking that if you were using text only that could be your problem

Sorry, good luck

12. 2007/05/10
    Eonasdan

Eonasdan Inactive

I was having the same issue with my office 07 on windows xp. I preformed a repair installation, which solved the problem. You might want to backup your pst file just to be on the safe side. Hope this works for you.