1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Cannot send email, error message 0x800ccc0e

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by retiredfrmdeere, 2007/08/29.

1. 2007/08/29
    retiredfrmdeere

retiredfrmdeere Inactive Thread Starter

Whenever I try to send an email using outlook express, I get the error message such as......

Connection to server failed, account mail.xxxxxxx.net,protocol SMTP port 25,socket error 10060, error # 0x800ccc0e

This only happens when I am on this laptop. (wired or wireless) same thing. I can receive email, just cant send. I have the exact same email settings in tools, accounts, properties as I have on my desktop. It works just fine. I have tried several of MS work arounds in their knowledge base. It seems this started a couple days ago when I re-setup my wireless network.

Any suggestions from anyone??

Internet Exp 7
    XP Home
    Outlook EX 6

Last edited: 2007/08/29
  2. 2007/08/30
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

A few suggestions ....

If you have email scanning enabled in your antivirus program try disabling it - it serves no useful purpose.

Go to Tools > Accounts > Mail - highlight your account > Properties > Servers Tab. Under 'Outgoing mail server', check that the box 'My server requires authentication' is checked.

Create a new identity on the laptop and set up the same email account and see if that works - your current identity may be corrupted.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/08/30
    retiredfrmdeere

Thanks Pete, but after trying your suggestion's it still will not send mail. The exact message reads..

The connection to the server has failed. Account:'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net',Protocol: SMTP,Port 25,Secure(SSL): No,Socket Error: 10060, Error Number 0x800CCCOE

I will check back here about noon CST.

Last edited: 2007/08/30
  5. 2007/08/30
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

The MS description of the error code is .....
    which is a little more specific than the message flagged by OE .....
    in fact is was never made.

I am not sure what was involved in setting up the wireless connection on the laptop, but it would seem that the send request is being blocked, either by the firewall on the laptop or on the router - I am assuming that you are connected via a router?

If you were on dialup I would immediately suggest that you made a new network connection which invariably fixes this type of problem. On that basis I would suggest setting up the internet connection on the laptop again, starting from scratch. I am not sufficiently familiar with routers and wireless networks to go into detail - I have only recently networked my two desktops (hard wired to the router) and my laptop - wireless connection and do not use the latter to send or receive email.

As you are able to send/receive email from your desktop using the same connection the question of port 25 being blocked by your ISP does not arise.

6. 2007/08/30
    retiredfrmdeere

Pete, Thanks again. Between being on the phone with customer service with both Bellsouth & Linksys for about 2.5 hours this afternoon, everything now is working OK. It was trial and error for a while with IP address' and other settings. Just a matter of sorting it all out and back to what it should be.

Thanks,

7. 2007/08/31
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

You're welcome :) Glad to hear you are up and running again.