1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Cannot print with acrobat reader dc

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by Snowdrop, 2016/08/03.

1. 2016/08/03
    Snowdrop Lifetime Subscription

Snowdrop Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Since downloading Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 10 I am finding that the only way I can print a PDF file is to save it and then print it. I know I must have done something wrong when I set it up. Can anyone help please.

I have trouble with anything I try to print i.e. I press print and my documents file automatically comes up with an Acrobat Reader file on it it is all so confusing.

Be grateful of some help please.

2. 2016/08/03
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Snowdrop, I'm not familiar with Acrobat in W10. I use Foxit and it works perfectly every time. Foxit is set as Default App and any emails that have a pdf attached are opened by Foxit and I can print All pages or Current page or whatever I select. Is your Print Menu showing the Printer as the correct Default? Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/08/04
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

If you really want to keep using Acrobat Reader, I would uninstall it, reboot, make sure you can print via Word or something else, then install Acrobat Reader again. Is this "DC" (I assume for Document Cloud) product something you paid for? If so, Adobe should provide tech support for it too.

However, I'm with retiredlearner and I use and recommend Foxit Reader instead. I've had no compatibility issues viewing or printing any PDF file. Adobe products are just plagued too much with constant security issues for my taste. Read the prompts when installing to opt out installing any extras you don't want. Another popular alternative is Sumatra PDF.

Bill,
  5. 2016/08/08

Thanks I am going to convert to Foxit and will let you know soon how I get on.

6. 2016/08/14
    hawk22

hawk22 Geek Member

Thanks Neil, my Brother in-law has told me that he has the same problem, now I can tell him, make him happy.

7. 2016/08/14
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I wonder whether the name (Foxit) may make people wary. It's not X-Rated or R18 - just a very good alternative to Adobe. :D

8. 2016/08/15
    Bill

I don't know. Foxit has been around for about 15 years. 20th Century Fox has no such stigma. Neither does Fox News (well, maybe I need to take that back! ;) Fox News Anchors)

Bill,
  9. 2016/08/16

Thanks lads Fox it works much better.

10. 2016/08/16
    Bill

Great! Glad you like it. And while most security issues are with Adobe Flash and not Reader, I feel more secure with Foxit.

Thanks for posting your followup.

Bill,