1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Cannot Email Photo using FastStone Image Viewer

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by retiredfrmdeere, 2006/12/10.

1. 2006/12/10
    retiredfrmdeere

retiredfrmdeere Inactive Thread Starter

I have downloaded and installed FastStone Image Viewer Version 2.8 and Version 2.9 Beta 2. Whenever I attempt to email a photo, I get the error message.. Error in Sending Image: User Cancelled Request. This I have not done. I tried several different photos from different folders. Same error with all. I uninstalled Version 2.9 Beta 2 and installed Version 2.8 but same results. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? I have same problem whether I am using my Toshiba Notebook or this HP desktop.

Win XP Home (both machines)
    IE7

2. 2006/12/10
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

I don't use the Viewer, but I find their Screen Capture program excellent. One thought is that your firewall is preventing you sending from that program - do you have the same firewall on both computers? You may need to add that to the firewall permissions.

For 'Cancelled by user' read 'Cancelled by Windows'? :)

Simple workaround - attach the image to an email, which is basically what the Viewer will do.

It would be interesting to see if you can send a document by email through Word - if that works it points to a problem with the Viewer, but it may still be a question of the firewall blocking.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/12/10
    retiredfrmdeere

retiredfrmdeere Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks PeteC,
    I will try your tips in a while when I have time. Yes, Same firewall.