1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Cannot access internet

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by warpy55, 2018/04/10.

1. 2018/04/10
    warpy55

warpy55 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have windows 10 home edition and cannot access Internet by ether net connection. All other computers on WiFi can access OK. I have pinged 127.1.1.1 with good result. But I couldn't ping Google. Com or yahoo.Com as it could not find host. I have powered of router and computer. I have reset winsock catalogue. I have checked device manager and the Realtek pic card is working properly. Can someone help me with this. It was operating fine many years but in last week has stopped.

rkfjr likes this.
  2. 2018/04/10
    jholland1964

jholland1964 Well-Known Member

Try these steps given here: When You Should Release and Renew Your IP Address in Windows
    Release/Renew an IP Address With Command Prompt
    Follow the recommended steps to release and renew the address of any computer running the Windows operating system.

1. Open Command Prompt. The quickest method is to use the Win+R keyboard combination to open the Run box and then enter cmd.
    2. Type and enter the ipconfig /release command.
    3. Wait for the command to complete. You should see that the IP Address line shows 0.0.0.0 as the IP address. This is normal since the command releases the IP address from the network adapter. During this time, your computer has no IP address and cannot access the internet.
    1. Type and enter ipconfig /renew to get a new address.
    2. Wait for the command to finish and a new line to show up at the bottom of the Command Prompt screen. There should be an IP address in this result.
    Run the steps given on this page:
    Fix Network Connection Issues Windows 10

Last edited: 2018/04/10

3. to hide this advert.