1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[Can you install Wordperfect 12 on Windows 10?]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by reknaw, 2015/09/19.

1. 2015/09/19
    reknaw

reknaw Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermediate
    I know WP 12 is old but I like it and want to know if and how to install and run it with Windows 10. I have formulas on WP12 that I use all the time and frankly I have forgotten how I made them in the first place.

I did install it on W10 and it opened ok but when I tried to open a file that had been saved it would not open, just the little circle would keep going around and I would have to run ctrl-alt-del to get out of it

Anyone have a solution ? :confused:

2. 2015/09/19
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    intermediate

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/09/20
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    Usually not enough
    FWIW - I have Wordperfect 8 running on my Windows 10 box and have no issues with it. Admittedly I use it only for the label printing facility - double clicking on the label file opens it immediately.

I would have installed it in compatibility mode, probably for Win 7 on which it ran without issue for many years.