1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Can "see more results" display files just like quick search?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by psaulm119, 2016/08/13.

1. 2016/08/13
    psaulm119 Lifetime Subscription

psaulm119 Geek Member Thread Starter

This just happened to me, and I'd love to fix this. I hit the Windows key, type in a search term, and then see 2 or 3 files that I'd like to open up. Rather than just open up the first one, which will close out the search menu and force me to search again, open up the second one, then search again, and open up the third one, I just clicked on "see more results." But the several results I saw in the quick search view were not right at the top.

Is there a way to get the larger search window (see more results) to display search results in the same order as the quick view?

2. 2016/09/16
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Like many others, I have given up on using Windows search long time ago.

If I need to find something, Agent Ransack is the way to go!

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/09/16

Just installed it. the free version does not index files, so that makes it rather slow when I want to search for text inside a file (not just a file name). I think I'll stick with Windows search, and do that extra click. Copernic would have been something to try in years past, but they don't have a free version.

I think I'll jump at the next excuse to do a repair install of Windows 10, and see if that doesn't cut it. Right now, the time involved in an extra click every time I search my files doesn't seem to justify a repair install (or whatever its called now).

5. 2016/09/21

I actually found a free version of Copernic, and so far it is outperforming Window search (for files it has already indexed).

Currently they are asking $50 for CDS 5.x, but I found version 3, which was still free here: Download Copernic Desktop Search Home 3.2.1.8 Free

The site doesn't look too clean, but after downloading (I had to twice tell it to not install a Yahoo toolbar) it, both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender said it was ok. Anyways, as I said this is already finding stuff that Windows evidently can't find.