1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Burning a song to CD

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by MIR11, 2011/11/18.

1. 2011/11/18
    MIR11

MIR11 Inactive Thread Starter

Hello:
    Who can advise how i can get a song from You Tube to a CD??
    I have XP and Nero Burning, plus i believe " E " is the proper place.
    I haven't donE this in a long time
    MIR11

2. 2011/11/18
    MinnesotaMike

MinnesotaMike Geek Member

I use Real Player to download the video, or just the audio, to the computer. Then you can use Nero to burn to a CD.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/11/19
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

5. 2011/11/19
    MIR11

burning cd's

Hello
    I do not have Real Player or know Real Plasyer

your link mentions MP3
    I need you or someone to supply step by step directions how to get song from You Tube to Nero Burning Cd ..
    MIR11

6. 2011/11/19
    SpywareDr

Unfortunately I don't have Nero Burning CD on this computer. Just in case it might help though, I can walk you through what I just now tried, step-by-step, on this standard little laptop running Windows XP Pro:
    1. Go to http://www.YouTube.com and get the video/music you want up and running in your browser window.

2. Right-click the video/music that is playing in your browser window and select "Copy video URL ".

3. Go to http://www.VidToMP3.com.

4. Click once in the box with "-Enter Video url below to convert into MP3:" above it.

5. Press [Ctrl]+[V] (or click Edit | Paste) to paste in the video/music URL that you just copied from YouTube.

6. Click the Download button, (and wait a minute for it to do the conversion).

7. Click the "Click here to get your Download Link ", then click the "Download MP3" button on the next page that appears.

8. When your browser pops-up a File Download box, click the "Save" button to save the MP3 file to your computer somewhere. (On your Desktop would probably be pretty easy to find later).

9. While your waiting for the download to complete, insert a writable CD disc into your your CD/DVD burner drive, (we'll assume yours is also drive D: ).

10. When the download is complete, right-click it, (on your Desktop?), and select "Send To" | "DVD/CD-RW (D: )" (or similar wording).

11. Click the pop-up that appears saying you have files waiting to be written to CD.

12. Click the "Write these files to CD" link on the left.

13. Click the "Next>" button, another "Next> button, then the "Start Burn" button in WMP.

14. When it's done burning, the CD drive ejects the CD disc.

15. Simply close the CD drive and with a few seconds you should be listening to your new MP3 on CD.
    It worked here. :)

Admin. likes this.
  7. 2011/11/19
    MinnesotaMike

MIR11,

SpywareDr has some good instructions for you. If you want to try Real Player (free download), go here to download. Once installed, go to your video and play it. A box will show up in the upper right corner of the video asking you to download the video. Download and then on that same Real Player screen, you can convert it to an MP3. Then follow step #10 to the end from SpywareDr. This is a quick and easy process once you do it a couple times.

8. 2011/11/20
    MIR11

Burning a song to a CD

1 i do not want any more programs lkie Spyware or Real Player in this computer
    2 i can not be thwe only one to use ZNero Burning
    3 how much would you charge to go to You Tube and download the song "Lord You Have Come" the version by Maureen Teresa1 to a CD and mail it to me. I will mail a check first
    MIR11

9. 2011/11/20
    Miz

Miz Inactive Alumni

First, follow SpywareDr's instructions #1 through #8. That will get the song from the video saved to your computer as an MP3.

Then open the Nero Burning program. Open its help files and read how to use Nero Burning to put that MP3 onto a CD.

If you want to end up with a song you can play on any CD player, you need to read NBurn's help files on "Make audio CD. "

If you only want to play it on an MP3 player or on your computer, follow SpywareDr's instructions #9 through #15.

Miz,
  10. 2011/11/20
    MIR11

Burning a Song to a CD

Dear Miz
    Please re-read post #7

message 3 ,and contact me off BBS and we can negotiate

Admin: email address removed: You are asking for spam! People know how to contact you, although there is no need, as the full answer has been provided which doesn't require you install anything. Instructions are simple too.

11. 2011/11/21
    MIR11

Burning a Song to a CD

Dear Miz:
    I just discovered that i no longer have Nero in this computer
    I am older than most of you, have less computer knowledge than many of you or i would not ask for help.I am willing to pay someone to do this. hope i am not violating BBS rules by stating that.
    MIR11

12. 2011/11/21
    MIR11

Dear Admin:
    I do not understand by aasking someone to contact me "off BBS " is Spam ??
    MIR11

13. 2011/11/21
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

Your request for off BBS assistance doesn't help anyone here who has a similar problem, you've been given directions a couple of times now why not try following them and posting back with your findings?

If you really want a CD posted to you though I'll start the bidding @ £10,000 UK sterling :)

14. 2011/11/21
    MIR11

As i tried to convey. i no longer have Nero,don't know where to find it,may have trouble with all the steps there and with Spyware.
    I am not even sure "E " is the right port/slot in this computer to do it.
    Have you heard of "Senior Moments" ??
    As to bidding E10,000 UK sterling , i don't know how to convert it so i will ignore that part...(in my opinion Admin should remove that part )
    MIR11

15. 2011/11/21
    wildfire

wildfire Getting Old

MIR, that part as indicated with the smiley was a joke, I haven't looked too closely but you'd likely be asking me to break the law in my country.

I'm sorry but you most certainly have enough information to do what you want to do with software freely available. Time to do some research for your self I think. The answers are in this thread.

16. 2011/11/21
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

You posted your email address on a public forum. It will take a bit of time for it to be harvested by robots that crawl the internet looking for email addresses to add to their spam databases. That's what I said.

People know how to go to your profile and send you a PM or email if they want, without you having to post your address.

17. 2011/11/21
    MIR11

I did not catch the meaning of the Smiley, if i even noticed it..A Senior Moment ??
    MIR11

18. 2011/11/21
    SpywareDr

The step-by-step instructions I created for you above do not require Nero.

How are you going to learn how if you won't even try?

Like I tell my grand kids, once it becomes important enough to you, I'll bet you'll learn how. :)

19. 2011/11/22
    MinnesotaMike

Mir11,

I've been using Real Player for years and have never had a problem. My daughter also uses the method I explained earlier to get a lot of her music. Installing the software will not harm your system in any way and the more you use it, the easier it will be. Like SpywareDr. says, you have to try to learn or get what you want. No use buying a program if there are free ones out there which will do what you want. The people here are trustworthy and would not recommend a program that has problems.

20. 2011/11/22
    MIR11

1 i do not like "changes/new things to me "
    I never even hinted Real Player would do anything nor did i Imply Members of BBs would recommend anything that doesn't work
    MIR11

21. 2011/11/22
    SpywareDr

I hear'dat.

Nut'n wrong with a horse. No gas, oil, tires, brake jobs, insurance, etc., etc., etc.

Electricity? Why? Get's dark, go to bed.

Plumbing? There's a creek right over there.

I will admit to liking matches though. One heck of a lot easier.