1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Active Blue Screen of Death ( STOP Error )

Discussion in 'Malware and Virus Removal' started by Fredsadge, 2018/01/22.

1. 2018/01/22
    Fredsadge

Fredsadge New Member Thread Starter

hello,

New to the group but would certainly appreciate any help / advice. I have an older Acer laptop ( around 8 years old ) running Windows 7. It’s been running a bit sluggish lately ( I have recording software I use ( audio box helps take the CPU load off ) and tons of baby pictures uploaded ). Recently, I went to turn it on a blue screen popped up that says Stop: 0x000000C4 (0x0000000000000091, etc. ) and some error codes. I tried to start from an old restart point, but there was only one and it was only a week or so old. Any way to fix this? Thanks I’m advance!

2. 2018/01/22
    broni

broni Moderator Malware Analyst

Welcome aboard [​IMG]

Please, observe following rules:
    • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
    • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
    • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
    • Never run more than one scan at a time.
    • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
    • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
    • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
    • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=================================================

NOTE 1. Use another working computer to download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to USB flash drive.
    NOTE 2. Install Panda USB Vaccine, or BitDefender’s USB Immunizer on GOOD computer to protect it from any infected USB device.

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 32-Bit and save it to a flash drive.
    For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-Bit and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

If you are using Windows 10 If you're having problems accessing System Recovery Options create Windows 10 USB or DVD as described here: How to download Windows 10 and create your own installation USB flash drive or DVD and boot from it.

If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt. To access Advanced Boot Options start and shut down computer TWICE. On third start you should see Advanced Boot Options.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
    • Restart the computer.
    • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
    • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
    • Insert the installation disc.
    • Restart your computer.
    • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
    • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
    • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

• Startup Repair
    • System Restore
    • Windows Complete PC Restore
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
    • Command Prompt
    • Select Command Prompt
    • In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
    • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
    • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
    • In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
      Note:
      Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
    • The tool will start to run.
    • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2018/01/22
    Fredsadge

5. 2018/01/22
    Fredsadge

Hi Broni,

Thank you very much for the response and instructions. I’m going to try and tackle this within the next few days ( when the kids allot ). I’m not sure I still have the windows disk, but I’m going to search . Greatly appreciate it and I’ll talk to you soon! I

6. 2018/01/22
    broni

broni Moderator Malware Analyst

:)....