1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Apps Removed While Refreshing

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by virginia, 2016/03/10.

1. 2016/03/10
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member Thread Starter

Had a problem upgrading a friends Windows 7 to Windows 10. Evan led me through a "Refresh" in another thread which cleared up the problem and the system is now stable and working fine.

As a result of the "Refresh ", there was a list of "Apps removed while refreshing... ". We have pretty much completed reinstalling all the user installed apps. However, on the list are 10 Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. Do we need to reinstall all those or will the Windows Update process pick those up automatically?

2. 2016/03/10
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/03/10
    virginia Lifetime Subscription

virginia Geek Member Thread Starter

Thanks Steve. That was pretty much my instinctive conclusion. There were a number (70 - 80) apps on the list and my thoughts are to wait until something doesn't work and then install the app if necessary.

5. 2016/03/11
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Typically what happens is, if C++ Redistributables (or .NET Framework libraries) are needed as prerequisites, the installation program will alert you to the requirement and prompt you to install it. They are safe to install, but there's no need to consume the disk space now, if not needed. So like Steve, I say don't worry about it unless prompted.

Bill,