1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Anyone Here Affected By The Hurricane?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by James Martin, 2017/09/08.

1. 2017/09/08
    James Martin

James Martin Geek Member Thread Starter

Texas got hit hard, but it appears another storm may hit us.

2. 2017/09/09
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I am in the panhandle of Fl. and hope that it stays to the East of us. Been waiting for it to make that North turn like they said it was for the last 3 or 4 days.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/09/09
    James Martin

Just looking at the latest prediction map, it looks like it will be to the east of you, Bill, but then it veers sharply to the left and passes over west Georgia and northern Alabama, and then to the west of Nashville. If the thing keeps turning left, upper level winds may bring it eastward again.

I still have images of Hugo in my mind from 1989, and I thought this storm would be even worse for us.

5. 2017/09/09
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I remember back in 47 riding in a row boat with my dad and uncle and 3 week younger cousin down the streets of Miami. I was born in Fl. and live here all my life except when I was in the US Navy.

6. 2017/09/09
    James Martin

You're an old salt then when it comes to hurricanes.

Outside of Hugo, my only other interaction with 'canes (outside of heavy rains) is with David in 1979. Not so much on the ground, but we flew through the remnants traveling back from the caribbean to NC. Bumpy ride for sure!