1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Answer the Win Phone!

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by AlexH, 2016/04/07.

1. 2016/04/07
    AlexH

AlexH Just an Old Timer getting help ... Thread Starter

Hi.

I've got a Windows phone (Nokia Lumia) 920, and it's running Windows version 10, 1511.

I love it! Truly.

With one major exception. When the phone rings with an incoming call, this newest version displays a little phone icon at the bottom of the screen with the legend "Slide up to answer." No matter how hard to gently I slide this icon up, I cannot answer the phone. They all either go to voicemail or simply stop ringing.

My question is whether there is another way to answer the phone, or if there is way to adjust the sensitivity for this activity only. I have no problems with the touch sensitivity for any other option on the phone.

The good/bad news is that my two year contract with AT&T runs out on the 20th of this month, at which time I will replace this phone with a newer model from Microsoft; probably the 950x or one similar, since AT&T has a limited number of Win Phone models available and I simply don't want to buy one for $600 or more.

And what concerns me is that even with a brand new phone, the method of answering the phone is the same, and I will not be able to answer calls on the new phone.

Understand that I have smaller hands - please, don't say it! - and have been an IT Pro, now retired, specializing on Windows/Microsoft hard- and software since 1985. Again, I have no other problems with touch screen manipulations with this single exception.

Any thoughts and suggestions you may have will be very much appreciated.

Help!!!:)

-a.

2. 2016/04/07
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I see your problem is also listed on google.com Did you try reading This My apologies if you've already attempted these procedures.

lj50,
    AlexH likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/04/07
    AlexH

AlexH Just an Old Timer getting help ... Thread Starter

Hi.

Thanks for the link. I'm in the process of trying this again.

Ironically, right after posting that query, I was actually able to answer a call - for the first time in a few days. But then later on I asked my wife to call my phone and I was unable to answer again.

As for the sensitivity, recommended by that link, I've done all I can to set it. Touch gives me two settings: High and Normal. it's been set at high so I'm going back to normal again.

Thanks very much,
    -a.

5. 2016/04/07
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Your welcome. Keep me updated as to your progress.

lj50,
    AlexH likes this.