1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

And another newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by graham7773, 2015/08/10.

1. 2015/08/10
    graham7773

graham7773 Inactive Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    beginner
    Hello to all you youngers on this site. I am a near 73 year old disability pensioner and I thank all you taxpayers for supporting me. :D.
    I am also a disgruntled win 10 user (EX).
    Back to win 7 pro which I find excellent. :cool:. I suspect that there will be a very large sting in the tail of win 10. For the very brief time that it was installed in my machine, I was offered many hundreds of dollars worth of product, none of which I needed or wanted.
    I am not a busy person, I just roll through each day waiting for pension day so I can pay a few bills and get needed food items. Boring!
    Anyway, I arrived here looking for help to kill Win 10 but in the rollback, I lost all of my photos ( 2.7gb) all my phone numbers and a number of documents which had taken me several months to construct.
    Is there any way to recover these lost files?
    any help would be much appreciated.

2. 2015/08/10
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    Hi graham7773, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) Welcome to pensioners prime time. I have a few years on you and obviously a happy user of W10 Pro. on 2 Desktops and a laptop.
    I have not had to roll back as I joined the Insider Preview builds and have been using W10 for quite a few months.
    Did you make an image of W7 before you Upgraded to W10?
    This is always an advice given by our Moderators - so please wait as someone with the technical know how will join in soon.
    I have an idea that W10 does a backup of W7 orW8.1 before the Upgrade is applied. This will be shown somewhere on your drive as W7.old I think. Cheers Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/11
    graham7773

Computer Experience:
    beginner
    another learner

Hi Neil, thanks for your response. when 10 was installing I am fairly sure I made a copy/image of my drive but it does not seem to have helped. When I rolled back to win 7 pro, I lost (it seems) all of my photos and as I said in my previous post/thread, my documents. Not happy. I am fairly sure they are somewhere on my h/d but I don't have the skill to find them. win 10 obviously does not format the drive as I was able to recover win 7 pro but without all my personal stuff.

5. 2015/08/11
    retiredlearner

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    Was the install through MS Upgrade or did you install from ISO DVD/USB setup?
    Which option did you employ at install? Neil.

6. 2015/08/11
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    Usually not enough
    Graham - Welcome to WindowsBBS :)

Please note (from the head of this page) ......

7. 2015/08/11
    graham7773

Computer Experience:
    beginner
    manners

Please

8. 2015/08/12
    retiredlearner

Computer Experience:
    intermediate
    Hi graham7773, If we can help you further you will need to start a Thread in the W7 or W10 Forums. Cheers Neil.