1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Aftermarket drivers for mice?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by psaulm119, 2017/07/12.

1. 2017/07/12
    psaulm119 Lifetime Subscription

psaulm119 Geek Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermidiot
    I have a 3 year old Amazon Basic corded mouse. The last week or so, I have had to click 2-4 times to get the right click context menu to view. Occasionally, a right click on a link will be interpreted as a left click, and the link will load in the current browser window. THis is happening across different browsers.

Before I buy a new one, I'd like to see if I can run it with better drivers. I have uninstalled the driver, rebooted, and then let windows reinstall teh driver, but the problem remains.

I'm wondering if there are better drivers out there for mice. Probably a long shot, but it is worth asking. Apart from this problem, there really doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the mouse. When I ask Windows to update the driver, it says I already have the latest driver.

2. 2017/07/12
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Computer Experience:
    Experienced but ! en
    Probably hardware failure. Go for a new mouse, a driver update is not going to do anything.

Admin. likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2017/07/13
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Computer Experience:
    echo $experienced;
    Mouse button internal contacts wear out over time. As was stated, get a new mouse. Drivers won't change anything. Besides, mice today are dirt cheap.

5. 2017/07/13
    psaulm119 Lifetime Subscription

psaulm119 Geek Member Thread Starter

Computer Experience:
    Intermidiot
    A new mouse it is. And it won't be from amazon! Thanks.