1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

After Factory Restore, WiFi Information Still There

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Chris, 2017/01/30.

1. 2017/01/30
    Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have a Samsung Tablet, running Windows 8 (Full Version, not RT). Going to sell it, so I put it back to factory original.

After the "Factory Restore," the computer boots up, all new, it goes and gets updates and is connected to my WiFi. My Password comes up and everything needed to connect.

How is this possible if I just did a factory restore? This is the main question, but one more.

The first thing it does after restore, it has me put in a user name and asks for information. Windows 8 will not let me do anything, even get out of it, until I put in the information (none of it is WiFi info).

I don't want to sell it with any user name or account information. Is this normal for Windows to do this? Anything I can do to have a restored tablet, and have the new person put there information in, and not have me have to do it?

Thank you,
    Chris.

2. 2017/01/30
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Why not upgrade to W8.1? Can't you remove your MS account after you sign in? Start > Control Panel > User accounts.
    Were updates continued to W8 after August 2013?
    I thought you had to upgrade to W8.1 to receive any further updates from MS?
    Is it running W8 or W8.1?

3. to hide this advert.