1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved "300 Times" to Log Into New System

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Chris, 2016/08/05.

1. 2016/08/05
    Chris

Chris Well-Known Member Thread Starter

After four days of Windows 10 install hell, I finally got it up and going. I go to log in and it doesn't recognize my password.

I go on the internet to find it's a common problem. One guy said he just kept putting in the password "300 times" and it finally worked.

I did it non stop for about a half hour (not sure if I made it to 300, but 200?). Sometimes it would say password was incorrect, other times it would say welcome (or whatever it was that it displayed), but not work. After a minute of the circle spinning, it's say incorrect password.

Finally, it worked. What am I supposed to do, enter 200 to 300 times every time I want to get into my computer?

Is there any fix?

Thank you,
    Chris.

2. 2016/08/05
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Did you upgrade from previous version of Windows 7/8 or is it a new installation ?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/08/05
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Chris, sorry to hear you had/have problems with W10. If you have W10 up an running - have you checked Notifications for any messages? Have you Start > Settings > Update and Security > Check for updates to ensure you are up to date?
    My own preference is to Boot straight through to the Desktop without having to Login every time. Start > Windows System > Run > type netplwiz > OK > and uncheck users must login > OK > and follow instructions to close out. Restart comp and see if that removes the problem. You can always reverse this option. Neil.

5. 2016/08/06
    Chris

Brand new installation. I hit the enter button about 100 times over and over again. It finally stuck. As I was updating, it went back to needing a password.

I created a regular user account, that took about a dozen times to work. When I had to update some settings as admin, it took 20-30 times to work.

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator: 2016/08/06
  6. 2016/08/06
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

My own preference is to use a "local" account and not a Microsoft account to log in. I have never had log in problems. All my systems just went through the big Anniversary update and still no problems.

Bill,
  7. 2016/08/07
    Chris

Update; A little deeper into the problem. When I tried to log in, it said wrong password. I just exited that mesage and it logged in. So looks like it's not that it doesn't log in, it's that the wrong password message that pops up is wrong.

This detail may help someone who looks into the problem in the future.

Chris.

8. 2016/08/08
    MasterChief

MasterChief Well-Known Member

One of my older pc's has keyboard failure problems lately. The backspace key is most annoying when not working.

9. 2016/08/12
    Chris

So what is a person supposed to do? I did my install, I had a piece of paper in front of me with my password. I carefully put it in, and it doesn't work. I go search the Internet and find Millions of people have the same problem. Your log in or password for the admin account doesn't work when you put the right one in.

Didn't Microsoft put out a fix for people who bought the software and can't use it?

What do you do if your correct password doesn't work?

Thank you,
    Chris.

10. 2016/08/26
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Is there a possibility that the keyboard has been changed from US to UK input. Read in a couple of problem areas where this was the culprit.