Change the Task Bar Color in Windows XP
1. Start up your computer and right click with your mouse on any clear space (don't click on any part of the taskbar or on any icons) – a menu should appear.
2. In this menu, select Properties.
3. Select the option for Appearance in the menu that appears.
4. Click on the active title bar.
5. You can now easily customize the color of your Taskbar.
6. Click on Apply and you can view the new look of your Taskbar. Once you have customized the Taskbar to your liking, click OK to close the dialog box. It should be noted that while the taskbar color will change, the Start Button will always remain green.