I am having the same problem as Daanii. In addition, I get a message box with the title: Ending program please wait. ....the programs that are "ending" are ctfmon.exe, connections tray, and explorer.exe.
I have tried every suggestion that I was able to find on this board and others:
1. Installed UPHClean
2. tried to diagnose which program in the task manager was causing the "hanging" and could not figure it out.
3. did not do any registry changing.
4. adjusted pagefile settings - don't know how to clean the pagefile.
5. "repaired" internet explorer
6. did not disable DNS
7. disabled NVIDIA driver helper service
8. tried to find suggestions from the errors on userenv page
9. always use ad
-aware and spysweeper
What do you mean by dumping the pagesys file on shutdown?
Is there any answer to this problem ??