Hi, Broni ~
I created a third account to use the steps outlined to copy the Admin profile to the new profile, but when I tried to log into the account to see if the new copied profile took, Windows immediately logged me out & hung on System Event Notification Service for awhile before going back to the Vista welcome screen.
Is there a way around this?
Yes! There is a way around this --> The secret is to turn of UAC in the Admin account & reboot. Recreate new accounts & start over --> the profile sticks.
- Delete all the accounts except the Admin with all the settings the way you want them
- Turn off the UAC in Control Panel > User Accounts > reboot
- Create two new user accounts, one (let's call it 'Setup') for using to login since you can't copy the Admin profile while you are in it & one to copy the Admin profile to (let's call it 'NewUser')
- Logon to each of the new 'Setup' & 'NewUser' accounts to initialize them & then log off
- Login as 'Setup'
- Open Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings
- Click 'Advanced' tab > 'Settings' button under 'User Profiles'
- Select the Admin profile > click 'Copy To...' button
- Click 'Browse' button > navigate to 'NewUser' (C:\Users\NewUser')
- Click 'OK' > 'Yes' to 'Confirm Copy' > 'OK' > 'OK'
- Logoff 'Setup' > login to 'NewUser'
A new profile is now created which is identical in feel, look, settings & config to the Admin account.