Originally Posted by eannatone |
Thanks Reg i will try those. I did however fix the problem i set the server NIC to Full 100MB instead of Auto Negotiate. Putting it to 100MB Full just killed access to the server it made it soooooooo slow. Always put your NIC to Auto.
I've seen the fix both ways. In my experience, Auto causes more problems than fixed (though it could be just that I only use manual settings when Auto fails).
The most bizarre example I had was with a network where all PC used 3Com NICs and we'd installed 3Com switches. We had all sorts of auto-negotiation problems. In desperation we swapped out the 3Com switches for Intel switches and all the problems disappeared. You'd normally expect auto-negotiate to fail between products from different manufacturers, but this was the other way round!
Those good old days when Intel 500 series switches were the answer to so many problems.