1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Why Limited Network Access?

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by ThUnDeR DeMoN7, 2015/03/06.

1. 2015/03/06
    ThUnDeR DeMoN7

ThUnDeR DeMoN7 Inactive Thread Starter

Hello i am having problems with my internet i can connect to my router just fine but when i use my laptop to give my xbox 360 internet connection it fails and it used to worked fine on my old windows 7 computer but now i have i new one with windows 8 and what i usually do to get this connection is right click on the desktop,click personalize,click control pannel home,click network and internet,click network and sharing center,click change adapter settings i then double click on Ethernet,click on properties and allow other networks users to connect through this computers Internet connection by checking the box and on windows 7 it was fine and i could get WiFi on my xbox but now on windows 8 my WiFi afterwards has Limited Connection and it will continue to have it until i go back into properties and shut it off can someone help me not have limited access but still allowing the box to be checked?

2. 2015/03/06
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi ThUnDeR DeMoN7, Welcome to WindowsBBS. :) Please take the time to fill in your System Details under UserCP.
    I have and am using a HP Laptop with W8.1 to reply to you. I have WiFi built in and do not have to make any adjustments through Control Panel when using my browser.
    My WiFi is recognized in Router/Modem and the password was entered and I can use my laptop anywhere in the house and connect to the Internet without problems.
    Do you see a increasing symbol Icon in the Taskbar?
    If I left click on that Icon - Networks > View connection settings > WiFi on. The Signal strength Icon shows my Router/Modem connection is connected.
    If you Right click on the Taskbar Icon you should see > Troubleshoot problems and Open network sharing center.
    Let's know what you find. Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/03/06
    Malnutrition

Malnutrition Active Member

Here, make sure that you Bridge the connections as listed.

See this.

5. 2015/03/09
    Malnutrition

Malnutrition Active Member

Any luck with your issue? Even if you have come to a conclusion, it would be great if you could come back here and post your solution, so that perhaps another person can benefit from your findings. :)