1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Binkiland and istartsurf

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Geoff Hands, 2015/02/23.

1. 2015/02/23
    Geoff Hands Lifetime Subscription

Geoff Hands Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I guess I picked up these things bundled with something - probably some open office programes. I can't uninstall them in control panel.
    In the case of Binkiland it tells me to close all Binkiland windows first, or alternatively tells me that I have to wait until the current programme is finished - even if I go direct to the uninstall after booting up before doing anything else.
    In the case of istartsurf, Control Panel only lists it as 'uninstall' but selecting it and then the uninstall command gets me nowhere.
    Perhaps I need to get into Windows Registry , but I have not discovered how to do this in Windows 8.1.

My web searches suggest all kinds of programmes, many free, but every one I look at seems to bring its own bundle of unwanted stuff, which may take me round in circles.

Help !

2. 2015/02/23
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Geoff Hands likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/02/23
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Have you thought about heading over to the Malware section? Broni is good at what he does.

5. 2015/02/24
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

6. 2015/02/24
    Geoff Hands Lifetime Subscription

Geoff Hands Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thank you all ; I followed the advice in the first reply, with complete success. The key - for me - was finding Task manager. The procedure I used to follow - Ctrl/Alt/Del did not work and I thought it must have been scrapped. All's well now.

7. 2015/02/24
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Usually stuff like that will either come with more that you don't know about or will lead to more that you don't know about. It is your choice if you don't want to go to the Malware section. If it was ME, I would.