1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Which Backup software is best for windows 8

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by LumberGumRubber, 2013/01/07.

1. 2013/01/07
    LumberGumRubber

LumberGumRubber Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have a WD MyPassport backup Drive. Is there a backup software that is better than what is presently installed by WD.

I see a free one called EaseUS Todo Backup and also made for Windows8. But permit be to be directed by the experts on here - which one is best and can be installed right onto the Backup Drive itself or whatever you recommend. Thanks!

2. 2013/01/07
    dnmacleod

dnmacleod Well-Known Member

Not sure what's supplied by WD, but if its Acronis True Image, then I'd stick with that.

Since you've got a WD drive, you're probably entitled to their downloadable version anyway.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/01/07
    LumberGumRubber

I've got their version on here already, but it's not Acronis True Image. It's what is called WD Smartdrive. I was wondering if there was something better - SmartDrive says it backs up PST files (Outlook) every 24 hours but it's still showing the it backed up last on the 2nd of this month.
    I take it that you judge Acronis True Image to be a good backup program, correct?

5. 2013/01/07
    dnmacleod

Yes - its an excellent program.

6. 2013/01/08
    Sabrina

Sabrina Inactive

Try Comodo Backup!
    Comodo is perfect for beginners and advanced users of Windows. It is a reliable backup system.Scheduled Backup, Backup to FTP, network drive, external drive, unlimited backup size, compressed / encrypted backup, email notifications.
    http://backup.comodo.com/

7. 2013/01/08
    LumberGumRubber

Thank you Sabrina for this pointer. While I have you here, what are your thoughts on the Windows 8 Backup. Is it sufficient or would you bypass it and still go to either Comodo or Acronis True Image?

8. 2013/01/08
    LumberGumRubber

Ok, well let's call this a closed case. Appreciate the replies!

9. 2013/01/08
    dnmacleod

You're welcome. I cannot comment on Comodo backup as I've never used it but I have used Acronis many times and got myself out of the frying pan on more than one occasion. Windows backup likewise - never used it. I should imagine it'd do the job but I doubt its as versatile as Acronis.

10. 2013/01/08
    LumberGumRubber

I'm using Acronis now. I downloaded the Trial version last evening and it looks pretty slick. Appreciate the pointer!!! :)