1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Metro Apps such as Mail, Music, People etc are not working.

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Swagata, 2012/04/30.

1. 2012/04/30
    Swagata

Swagata Well-Known Member Thread Starter

None of the Apps such as Music, Videos, People, Messaging, Mail, Music, Weather, Skydrive, Maps are working. I click on them. And the just the screen. Nothing happens. The metro apps works fine first time but later they just don't work. This is the 4th time I am reinstalling Windows 8. Every time, they work fine at first. But they stop working later. Why so ? Is it possible there is any conflict with softwares I have installed ?

2. 2012/04/30
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Yes, it could be a conflict with the software you have installed. It could also be because of insufficient|incompatible hardware.

Keep in mind that the version of Windows 8 you're running is not the final release. They're still working out the bugs.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2012/05/06
    tigerbright

tigerbright Inactive

re conflict with user installed programs : If installing 3rd party software I configure compatibility for Windows7 or relevant Windows version - so far the only 3rd party programs I have found to be unsupported are mainly those with known, let me describe as "marketingware" (bundled tracking/spyware type processes)

5. 2012/05/09
    DesertGuyLV

DesertGuyLV Inactive

All of these apps need to access your internet connection. What browser are you using?

If you have installed any 3rd-party antivirus/malware software this may cause conflicts. The Windows Defender software in Win 8 is the same as Microsoft Security Essentials (just renamed). It's completely satisfactory as an AV and firewall application. It will not cause any conflicts. By the way the original MSE is not compatible with Win 8.

Make sure all drivers are up to date. Win 8 does a very good job on its own for updating most of these.

Hope this helps,

John

6. 2012/05/17
    tigerbright

tigerbright Inactive

Hi , did you import any personal files from another computer - if so it might contain malware or copyrightware that the upgraded Windows 8 realtime security is now blocking
    or causing issues