1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Startup programs not starting at bootup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lugwalker, 2011/03/13.

1. 2011/03/13
    Lugwalker Lifetime Subscription

Lugwalker Forever Autumn Thread Starter

In 'start-all programs-startup' I r-clicked and chose 'open-all users'. I placed two shortcuts in the startup folder and then rebooted. Unfortunately when the bootup completed neither of the two programs (CCleaner & Malwarebytes) had started. I can open them manually. Would anyone have an idea as to why I'm being unsuccessful here? Mine is the only account on this computer and I'm the administrator.

Thanks. :)

2. 2011/03/13
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

If you are running the FREE version, they will not start up. Why would you want CCleaner to run on startup any ways? You have to click on Analize for it to do anything. If you are using the paid version of MBAM, it runs in the background and you should not worry about it. Other wise, just update it regular and run a scan.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/03/13
    Lugwalker Lifetime Subscription

Lugwalker Forever Autumn Thread Starter

Thanks. However, I have the paid version (I've had it for years on my desktop pc) and task manager tells me that it's not running after bootup. When I manually run it, only then does it open. If it was already running I'd get a popup informing me that it's already running. I've resolved the issue by restoring to a recent date and now it (and its icon) start at bootup.

Regarding CCleaner, there's an option in its settings which makes it run at startup when it does a cleanup of the hard drive automatically. Next time I reboot I'll check to see if my system restore has resolved that issue also.