1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Windows 7 Firewall

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Andy1, 2010/06/15.

1. 2010/06/15
    Andy1

Andy1 Inactive Thread Starter

:D Hello, haven't been here for awhile so I searched as much as I think is possible for an answer to my question.
    IN the opinion of the experts here is it practical or wise to use Windows 7 Firewall only? Is it recommended to use another firewall either alone or in conjunction with Windows 7 Firewall? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.
    Thank you in advance, Andy1.:D

2. 2010/06/15
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Win 7 built in firewall is more than adequate for most of us. Its light weight & unobtrusive.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/06/15
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Andy1. I agree with rsinfo. The Windows Firewall is fine to use as long as you have good Anti-Malware programs installed that help keep your computer safe from online attacks.

5. 2010/06/15
    Athlonite

Athlonite Inactive

Between the Windows7 Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials you shouldn't have any well almost any problems with the net nasties out and about and just incase a nasty manages to sneak through Malware bytes will pretty much nip it in the bud

6. 2010/06/16
    Andy1

Andy1 Inactive Thread Starter

:D Hey Guys, thanks a lot. I really needed that as I have been using Zone Alarm for many years now and have been quite satisfied but recently I installed
    Windows 7 on two different machines and it went fine on one but on the other a little window kept coming up saying that I have to install Win Vista service pack 2... I went to MS site and downloaded all of the updates, about three hours worth, and still the same window kept coming up... Either way thank you very much again, Andy1.:D:

7. 2010/06/16
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Your Welcome Andy1. :)

Since this issue is now resolved, please mark this thread as 'Resolved'.