1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved What is Windows 7 Loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MitchellCooley, 2010/05/23.

1. 2010/05/23
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive Thread Starter

One of my co-workers has a friend, apparently working in a IT department somewhere, who gave him a copy of windows 7 (didn't say what version) and a disk with windows 7 that can be loaded as any version (??). Co-worker said his friend told him the copies were legal {supposedly got them at some Microsoft Convention}. But he also gave him a disk with Windows 7 Loader and told him the "any version" disk can be installed on multiple computers without the need for a product key. He said his friend told him it was all legal.

I told him it sounded fishy and he shouldn't let his friend load anything on his computer but I don't think he is going to listen.

I Googled Windows 7 Loader and what I have read so far leads me to believe it is used by software theives. Any description that says "Windows 7Loader is a program that will make a non-genuine copy of Windows 7 activated permanently" makes me worry.

If any of this sounds legit I'll leave my co-worker alone and let him move forward but if it sounds precarious I'll keep hounding him. But his friend is a big IT guy and I'm just a co-worker.

Thoughts?

2. 2010/05/23
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

I think this just about sums it up .....
    It's a hack - completely illegal - steer well clear of it :)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/05/23
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive Thread Starter

I thought so. Just wanted to get some confirmation to show my co-worker. I told him if it don't come with a product key it can't be real. Of course I only found out about this when I told him I had set aside half the money for Win7 Premium and would be upgrading in the next couple of months.

Im sure it will come back to bite him somehow.

Thanks Pete

5. 2010/05/23
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

You're Welcome, Mitch :)
    I do hope so.