1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows Address Books in Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Bob Graves, 2010/05/23.

1. 2010/05/23
    Bob Graves

Bob Graves Inactive Thread Starter

I have two address books in Win 7. One appears as as icon on my desktop and is called Windows Contacts, the other appears in my email window called Windows Live Contacts. When I edit the latter it does not change the former. I prefer to keep the "Windows Live Contacts" up to date but when I use iTunes to sync my iPhone it uses the other address book. How do I sync the two address books?

Last edited: 2010/05/23
  2. 2010/05/23
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Does your syncing software give you the option on which address book to sync with?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/05/23
    Bob Graves

Not anywhere that I can find. It is iTunes and there is an iTunes configuration utility but when just looking at it I did not see that option

5. 2010/05/23
    Bob Graves

I am sorry there is an iPhone configuration utility but not an iTunes configuration utility

6. 2010/05/23
    Bob Graves

In iTunes there are three options for syncing contacts, Google contacts, Windows Contacts (which is the one I have checked) and Yahoo! Address Book.

7. 2010/05/23
    Bob Graves

As a related issue. With Win 7 I have lost the ability to send my calendar to my iPhone also. I think it is the new structure of Win 7. iTunes can not find any calendar to sync.