1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Remove Windows Live Messenger

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by derfsch, 2010/03/24.

1. 2010/03/24
    derfsch

derfsch Well-Known Member Thread Starter

HI All, .................. Can any tell me how to remove this annoying popup which occurs each time I start Windows 7. It asks me to sign in and for a password. I'm not interested in this offering. A seach of this forum shows only one post about this offering causing a crash and this is from January of 2009. I'm surprised more are not afflicted with Microsoft's unwanted program.

So far -- following other's advice -- I have supplied a second administrator which didn't help. I have removed the file so that now a search cannot find it but the popup screen if still there on startup. Any help, please.

2. 2010/03/24
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/03/24
    derfsch

derfsch Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Evan Omo, .................. You're a wonderful person. Your suggestion worked beautifully. After using Zap Messenger, I shut down the computer, then restarted, no Windows Live. Thank you for the excellent help.

5. 2010/03/24
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Great. I am glad that you were able to get your issue resolved.

Oh and thanks for the compliment. :)