1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

taskbar to enable the mini player

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Funnykeyboard, 2010/02/01.

1. 2010/02/01
    Funnykeyboard

Funnykeyboard Inactive Thread Starter

Hello there, I have got windows seven on a Lenovo N500 4233 32g. It has windows media player at 12 on it. When I right click on the taskbar to enable the mini player and go to the toolbars option, there is no windows media player there to select. Can anybody make a suggestion please?

2. 2010/02/01
    tmarks Lifetime Subscription

tmarks Inactive

Hello Funnykeyboard
    On my win 7 the media player icon is on the left side of the task bar close to the start button . Right clickins on tast bar does not give the option to open media player

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/02/01
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

Hi Funnykeyboard,

As I understand it miniplayer for windows 7 wmp12 works a bit differently. If you hover over task on taskbar a miniplayer is displayed with fast forward pause/play etc shown, much like peek or preview. The options are left click or right choices, both via the miniplayer and the taskbar icon. There is no toolbar.

I think it was decided that in order to maintain win7's sleeker taskbar perks that hoover preview won over the preference of taskbar toolbar. It is however limited to fastforward/back and pause.

There may be a gadget somewhere that would do ya' but I am unaware of one off the top of my head.

See:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Player_12

Last edited: 2010/02/01