I purchased a new Computer with Windows 7. Initially my IPOD worked fine with this computer. It still charges the IPOD but nothing else. In addition it will not work on my old computer.
1. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled ITUNES.
2. I Reset the device losing all of my music.
3. I have gone to Device Manager and the IPOD shows up as UNKOWN DEVICE. I have STOPPED the device DRIVER and rebooted.
4. I have tried to attach to my old computer and update and I receive the exact same error USB Not recognized message.
5. Other devices work fine on the USB Hub, in addition I have tried the other USB hub.
All of the above measures have failed. This all started when I was having problems updating my music to the IPOD, and I chose the RESTORE function on the SUMMARY page of the ITUNES software, with the device attached, and recognized. Since then nothing? Initially when the device was attached after the RESTORE option was chosen, I got Need to attach to a 2.0 USB High speed Hub, error message? It is a 2.0 USB high speed device. I have reviewed other questions in this forum, on Apples forums, all with the same results.....Nothing.