1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Where are the backup files?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tedhopkins, 2010/01/03.

1. 2010/01/03
    tedhopkins

tedhopkins Inactive Thread Starter

I am using Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 in Windows 7. The Money folder in Program files doesn't show the latest backup files. Where is Windows 7
    hiding them?

2. 2010/01/03
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

Have a look in C:\Users\your username\AppData. You'll see three folders in there. I'm not sure which it would be in but more than likely, it's there somewhere. My guess is it would be in a Microsoft Money folder. It could possibly be in a sub folder of one of the Microsoft folders. Have a look in there, you'll see what I mean.

The AppData folder is a hidden folder so you'll have to have Windows set to show hidden files and folders to see it. Sorry I can't be more specific as I don't have MS Money but it's a place you can look anyway.

Another possibility would be your Documents folder. Or, you might try doing a manual backup. It might be that the save as dialog will default to the folder it saves them in now.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/01/04
    Bmoore1129

Bmoore1129 Geek Member

Or, do a windows search for *.mbf files.

You can tell Money to backup to whatever folder you choose. I prefer to backup to a flash drive and also to an external HDD.

5. 2010/01/05
    tedhopkins

tedhopkins Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I solved the problem by uninstalling the program and reinstalling it to C:\Users\My Name\Microsoft Money 2006. Then I copied the backups from another computer and all is well and I can now see all backups.