1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Virtual PC and graphic and drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by weardalered, 2009/12/08.

1. 2009/12/08
    weardalered

weardalered Inactive Thread Starter

Hi All,

Have just joined this community and already have a question.

A previous thread stated that antivirus software needs to be installed when running the XP virtual PC.

Can I assume that any graphic drivers also need to installed as well?

I ask this as I need to calibrate the screen with software that is not Windows 7 compatible, but is certainly XP compatible.

Thanks in advance:confused:

2. 2009/12/08
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Welcome to WindowsBBS :)
    Correct
    That is an incorrect assumption IMO - look in Device Manager - XP Mode uses a Virtual Visualisation Driver.
    Even if you are able to calibrate the screen in XP Mode that calibration would apply to the Virtual PC only - not, I think, to Windows 7 runnig the physical graphics driver.

Have you looked for updates to your calibration software? Have you tried it. I can vouch for the fact that X-Rite (Greta Macbeth Eye-One) runs fine in Windows 7 x64 as will most earlier software even if only 32-bit

Have you tried installing the software in Compatability Mode?.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2009/12/08
    weardalered

[FONT= "Century Gothic"]Hi
    The calibration software will not install fully. It relies upon loading the profile into the graphic card, and it is this part it will not do.

Unfortunately I sold my Huey a while ago and bought a Spyder2Pro. The software for this is not supported under W7, but Spyder2Express is supposed to be. It is this software that will not run despite support from the company.

I am also not certain as to whether I need W7 drivers for the monitor??

thanks
    [/FONT]

5. 2009/12/08
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

I don't think you will find any - it is not a driver as such, but a .icm profile.

My Iiyama's - Prolite H2010 and Prolite E1700S are seen in Device Manager as Gereric PNP Monitors - Iiyama have nothing to offer.

6. 2009/12/08
    weardalered

[FONT= "Century Gothic"]Well thanks for the help.

I have installed the XP vrsion of Spyder2Pro, which installs OK, but it cannot find the right drivers for the "Virtual Display ".

The NVIDIA drivers will not install either so I guess I will need to buy an W7 compatible calibrator.

Thanks
    [/FONT]