1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Corrupted MP3 Files.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BreezyCricket, 2016/05/02.

1. 2016/05/02
    BreezyCricket Lifetime Subscription

BreezyCricket Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I tried upgrading an old Desktop PC to Windows 7 from XP and it didn't work, normally not a big deal, but one thing it did do was corrupt my MP3 files.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and if they found a way to retrieve the files.

Many Thanks.

2. 2016/05/02
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

:confused: AFAIK, there is no direct upgrade path from Windows XP to Windows 7. You usually need to make a complete backup (copy) of your personal files and then do a "Clean" install of Windows 7. Next would be to reinstall all of your programs and then restore all of your personal files.

Note that it is possible to upgrade from XP to Vista and then on up to 7. A bit of a problem if you don't already have Vista though. And, it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

Also note that many of older XP programs will no longer work on Windows 7, such as Microsoft's PowerToys for XP. They would all still be there (after upgrading to Vista and then to 7), they simply no longer work.

-- edit --

Microsoft.com > Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/05/03
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Please clearly and exactly define what you mean by "corrupted mp3 files ". Won't play anymore? Won't open is some multimedia program? Error messages?

5. 2016/05/03

The files played before, and now will not play.

6. 2016/05/03
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

7. 2016/05/03
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Please give us a more specific detailed explanation. Played before in which mp3 player software? Have you tried a different mp3 player software? Do you get any error messages from the mp3 player software? etc etc etc

We love to help solve problems and the more specific details you give, the faster we can help get things straightened out for you.

8. 2016/05/03

I don't know how to explain it any other way. The MP3 files would play before, and will not play now, and I have tried many different MP3 players.

9. 2016/05/03
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member

With something like this, the more information, the better. How many files are we talking about here? Is there more than one folder? Can the files be viewed normally with Explorer? If you right-click on Properties, do you see normal file information? Try to copy a file to a flash drive and play it from there on a different computer. There are so many things that could cause this kind of problem. I would not place corrupted files at the top of the list.

10. 2016/05/04

There are many files and I have tried everything, different players, different PC's, flash drives, praying, etc, but the files are gone, so I will end this. Thanks to all for the replies.