1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Another error code updating SP1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dakota, 2015/07/29.

1. 2015/07/29
    Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member Thread Starter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I know you have seen this code before but told not to use others fix, besides tried those.
    Error Code: 8024200D. Tried to use the files you said to use but nogo.. Ran Windows Update Diagnostic Tool from MS, and this error came up 800f081F. This sent me to this file to download: Windows 6.1 KB947821 to run, did that and then tried to run WIndows 6.1 KB976932 and it would not finish and gave same error code as first one.
    Ran sfc/scannow twice and had some errors the first time that it corrected and no errors left the second time. Here is the CBS.zip.. This computer is a Toshiba Satrllite A666 64bit Windows 7 Prem home
    Guess can't upload .zip file

Last edited: 2015/07/29
  2. 2015/07/30
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/07/30
    Dakota

I will give it a look see, thanks

5. 2015/07/30
    Dakota

6. 2015/07/30
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Dakota.

Lets try this method to repair your system:

1. Download the portable version of Windows Repair (All In One) from here, Windows Repair (All In One). (Make sure you have your computer running in a clean boot state BEFORE running repairs. If you need assistance with performing a clean boot then follow the instructions here, How to perform a clean boot in Windows)

2. Download the portable zipped folder to your desktop.

3. Extract the contents of the zipped folder, and then right click on the Repair_Windows.exe file and select run as administrator.

4. After the program opens, click on the Step 3 tab and click the Do It button to have the program run Check Disk on the file system. Screenshot.

5. After the computer finishes running Check Disk, start the program again and proceed to Step 4.

6. Click on the Step 4 tab and click on the Do It button to allow the program to run the System File Checker to find and fix any corrupt Windows files. Screenshot.

7. After SFC finishes, proceed to the Step 5 tab.

8. On the Step 5 tab go ahead and create a new system restore point before starting the repair by clicking on the Create button under the System Restore area. Screenshot.

9. Once that is done click on the Start Repairs tab.

10. On the Start Repairs tab click on the Start button and select Run when prompted. Screenshot.

11. The Windows Repairs window will open. Now ensure that ONLY the checkboxes in the program are checked as indicated below:

Reset Registry Permissions
    Reset File Permissions
    Reset Service Permissions
    Register System Files
    Repair WMI
    Repair Windows Firewall
    Repair Internet Explorer
    Repair MDAV/MS Jet
    Repair Hosts Files
    Remove Policies Set By Infections
    Repair Start Menu Icons Removed by Infections
    Repair Icons
    Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
    Remove Temp Files
    Repair Proxy Settings
    Repair Windows Updates
    Set Windows Services to Default Startup
    Restore Important Windows Services
    Repair MSI (Windows Installer)

12. Then when those checkboxes are selected, click on the checkbox that says Restart System when Finished.

13. Now click on the Start button to start the repair process.

14. The process could take some time so please be patient.

15. After the repair process finishes, the computer will be rebooted.

16. See if there is any difference after performing the above steps.

7. 2015/07/31
    Dakota

Ran that and still will not install.. Sure was hoping though.

8. 2015/07/31
    Evan Omo

Do you have any precious data on that computer? If you don't then I would recommend performing a clean install with a Windows 7 Service Pack 1 DVD that you can create yourself.

I wouldn't advise using that computer without Service Pack 1 anyway so I think performing a clean install with a Windows 7 Service Pack 1 DVD is a smart move.

Is this something that you would like to do?

9. 2015/07/31
    Dakota

Definitely thinking about it. This is on my wifes Toshiba, don't know if I have the Windows 7 install disk or not. Was installed at Best Buy when we bought it.

10. 2015/07/31
    Evan Omo

You will need to create a Windows 7 DVD to install the Windows 7 OS. You can find Windows 7 SP1 ISO files here, Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image Downloads.

You will need to download a torrent client to download the Windows 7 ISO image. Download the portable version of uTorrent and run the program.

After the program opens, click on the add link button and paste the download link of the Windows 7 ISO file that matches the version of Windows 7 that you have installed.

Once you have downloaded the ISO file you want, download and run the portable version of Active ISO Burner and burn the Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD.

After you have created your Windows 7 DVD follow the instructions from here to perform a clean installation of Windows 7, How to Do a Clean Installation with Windows 7.

11. 2015/07/31
    Dakota

I have 3 disks that have something to do with recovery from Best Buy that came with the computer,

12. 2015/08/01
    Evan Omo

Ok but are they recovery disks or some other disks? I would suggest just creating your own Windows 7 SP1 DVD and then reinstalling Windows using your newly created DVD.

13. 2015/08/01
    Dakota

Don't know if I am capable of that anymore. My mind is not what it was once.

14. 2015/08/01
    Evan Omo

Well is there someone that you know who is technical with computers that could help to create a Windows 7 SP1 DVD for you?

15. 2015/08/06
    Dakota

I did a complete out of box recovery and it seems like it did the trick. Thanks one and all.

16. 2015/08/06
    Evan Omo

Thanks for the follow up. :)