1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How to move two OS's to a single drive and dual boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rikki, 2015/02/27.

1. 2015/02/27
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have Vista and Win7 on dual boot from two drives. I would like to clone both OS's and then place them on a dual boot single drive. I can probably work out how to do this, but would appreciate any advice or tips, also software suggestions. I assume I need to clone each drive but am not sure how to copy them to a new drive and make them both bootable.

2. 2015/02/27
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/02/27
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I run multiple computers doing different things so can't talk about any one system as such. The relevant machine in this case is a home brew, mobo ECS chipset Nvidia ID0754, CPU AMD Phenom II X4 925, OS 32-bit Win7 & Vista. One source drive is SATA, the other IDE, the boot partitions I want to clone are around 80 gigs. My intention is to put them both onto a new drive I haven't bought yet so can't say what the specs will be. I'm thinking about a solid state drive if I can find what I want for the right price. Not sure what all this has to do with my question. I know I can clone both boot partitions but I'm not sure how to get them onto the new drive so I can dual-boot them. That is what I am hoping to get some help with.