1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Correcting Login Screen Customization

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Brian1951, 2014/09/20.

1. 2014/09/20
    Brian1951

Brian1951 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

A while ago I installed a Windows customization program called the ultimate windows customizer by The Windows Club. Thier user support didn't provide an adequate fix. Essentially what are the things that can be customized in the log on screen is the windows brand which appears at the bottom of the screen. In my case it originally said Windows 7 Home Premium Edition. In the customization options of this program you can change this. The option in the program is called brand. Somehow I managed to blow away original brand statement. Now, all that's left is the windows flag on the bottom of the logon screen. How can I fix this? I don't want to have to do a complete reinstall in order to get back 0 regional log on screen. I am open to suggestions, advice, safe hacks and anything you can provide to help me fix this.

I await your reply. Thank you in advance. Brian 1951

2. 2014/09/20
    antik

antik Well-Known Member

google basebrd.dll windows 7

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/09/20
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi Brian. Does the Ultimate Windows Customizer have a restore option that you can use to restore the default Windows 7 brand on the Logon Screen? If not have you perhaps tried a System Restore to undo the change?

If you are still stuck then download this program, Windows 7 branding changer. Extract the zipped folder and run the program. When the program opens click on the Restore button to restore the default Windows 7 image.

5. 2014/09/22
    Brian1951

Yes the program has a restore but it didn't work. I also tried a System Restore. A restore point for this change was not available. I'm using my Android tablet to reply. I will try your suggested application when I am next at my computer.
    Brian

6. 2014/10/20
    Brian1951

I tried using Windows Branding Changer, but I couldn't find a source in order to download it. It appears the author of this application has withdrawn it from download sites. Resource Hacker has enabled me to access Windows Branding images, however when I try to incorporate one using the Ultimate Windows Customizer I get one or two error messages. "Wrong File Size" or "Incorrect File Type ". Please advise.

ps I did not reply earlier as I am having problems with my router.

7. 2014/10/20
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

The link worked for me and opened a Download source no problem. Neil.