1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Proxy Server on this Computer (User)

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by bellisimo, 2014/08/29.

1. 2014/08/29
    bellisimo Lifetime Subscription

bellisimo Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm running a trial version of HitmanPro and every time I boot up my system, I get the message -

Proxy Server on this Computer (User)

Is this a problem I should be concerned about?

Thank you.

2. 2014/08/29
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi bellisimo. Is this error coming from a different user account when you had the same issue last week? This isn't something you should be concerned about since I had you verify that you had no proxy server active for your LAN. Are there any settings in Hitman Pro that bring to light why this message is occurring?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2014/08/30

Hi Evan,

Thanks for getting back to me. The only settings I can see in HitmanPro is the option to either repair, or ignore.

I have a feeling it's because when I installed Windows 7, I selected the network option because I have two hard drives with Windows 7 installed that use all the same hardware like scanner, printer, etc. and I also have laptops that share the wireless router.

My inclination is to just ignore it. HitmanPro starts every time I boot up the computer and I have selected the repair option a few times and ignore at other times. Either way, it works fine, so unless you can think of a reason to keep repairing it, I think I'll just leave it as is.

Thanks again,

b

5. 2014/08/30
    Evan Omo

I would ignore it and not worry about it since its not causing any issues. Also you could have just bumped your older thread since it was only a week old instead of creating a new one on the same topic.

Anyway would you consider this thread resolved?

6. 2014/08/30

Thanks, Evan.
    It had actually slipped my mind that I had posted about this before. I'll mark both solved now.

Thanks again for your quick responses.

b

7. 2014/08/30
    Evan Omo

You are welcome. :)