1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved using 2 logins- Admin and User. do i need to run spyware and malware onboth

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ceyermann, 2013/08/25.

1. 2013/08/25
    ceyermann

ceyermann Inactive Thread Starter

My home pc has windows 7. it is set up for administrator and 1 user to log in. We use the User account on a regular basis.
    My question is when I run Malwarbytes, Spybot and Defrag I am only able to run it under Administrator log in. Will these programs also "clean" the User log in?

I also run CCleaner and it will run on the User log in as well as the Admin log in. I get separate "cleanings" on each sign in with Admin and User.

2. 2013/08/25
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi ceyermann. Yes Malwarebytes, Spybot Search and Destroy and defragmenting the hard drive will be able to run perfectly fine from the administrator account. Those programs are able to scan the files in the regular user account.

CCleaner checks for temporary files from each user account so it may be better to run it from both accounts like you have been doing.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/08/25
    ceyermann

ceyermann Inactive Thread Starter

thanks

Thank you.

5. 2013/08/25
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.

6. 2013/08/25
    Evan Omo