1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Windows explorer is not responding

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by brizby, 2013/07/04.

1. 2013/07/04
    brizby

brizby Inactive Thread Starter

The computer intermittently does not respond after turning it on. The mouse will not work.
    Most of the time, I get a message saying "windows explorer is not responding ". If I unplug the computer (battery removed), it will start over, and work until the next "incident ".

2. 2013/07/04
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/07/06
    brizby

brizby Inactive Thread Starter

I have been through the suggestions. The e-trust site did not work. The housecall site was available, but the download would not work. When I left click on my mouse, it will not open active links in your e-mails--and I have to right click and click open. The same thing is happening with other e-mails. I put on a different mouse, and it does the same thing. This is a recent problem--it used to work fine. I also had used "device settings" on the mouse window in the control panel, to disable the touch pad, and that is now missing.
    This is getting beyond my ability with a computer, so I am going to take it in for repairs to Office Depot on Monday. The Windows Explorer is not working error--may happen a week apart, or everyday.
    Thank you for your suggestions. You can remove my post.
    brizby

5. 2013/07/14
    scottdietert

scottdietert Well-Known Member

Following several days with Richland's Office Depot, the HP notebook is now working flawlessly. Their diagnosis was one or more viral intrusions.
    I am scott dietert corresponding for my wife: brizby.